Measuring Perimeter with ClassFlow

Back in December, I had the opportunity to attend and present at VSTE (Virginia’s Technology in Education Conference). While at VSTE I attended a session led by Promethean trainers in which they demonstrated the different features of ClassFlow. Meanwhile Mrs. Green, 3rd grade teacher at Greenwood, had just signed up for a lesson to practice with a digital ruler. I thought a ClassFlow presentation would be the perfect fit! I created a lesson in which there is a shape on each slide. I also went ahead and put the ruler tool on the slide for the students. They had to move the ruler around the shape to measure the length of each side in inches and then use the pen tool to record the length. When sharing each slide with the students, I had to make sure to allow them to work in creative mode so that they would have access to the tools within ClassFlow.

Then they added up all sides of the shape and sent their answer. The students answers showed up on my computer and actually save as another page in your presentation so you can go back and review the data later. The students did a great job practicing with the ruler tool and determining the perimeter of each shape!

Visit classflow.com to create a free account and create or find lessons for your students.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.