Needs and Wants with Movie Maker

Little did Mrs. Farthing know but she is currently teaching a 1st grade class full of movie producers. Mrs. Farthing signed up for a lesson on needs and wants. I checked in to see if she was ok with making a movie and she totally was! I was excited to teach a lesson with Windows Movie Maker to 1st graders. I can always count on Mrs. Farthing to let me try something new and exciting.

Before the lesson I dropped a folder of images into Server Shortcuts. I used Britannica Image Quest (on OneSearch) to find pictures of various needs and wants! When it came time to start the lesson the students logged into the computers, launched Windows Movie Maker and imported the folder of pictures into Movie Maker, they followed my step by step directions to get to Server Shortcuts.

Then we drug the images onto the storyboard, added a title slide, then transitions and finally we switched from storyboard view to timeline view and narrated over our short videos. After we were pleased with our final product we published our videos and then used the Google Work Collector to share their videos with Mrs. Farthing. I can’t tell you how impressed I was with this first grade class! Movie Maker is no easy task and they handled it like CHAMPS!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.