3D Cells and the 3D PRINTER!!!

I’ve been so excited to share about these awesome lessons! As many of you know the IT Department purchased several 3D printers for use in our schools. So far this year I’ve worked with Mrs. Greenday (FOES), Ms. Stultz (CES) and Mrs. Reid (ELES) on 3D printing projects.

Students start by design in Tinkercad. Tinkercad is a simple, online 3D design and 3d printing tool for the masses. Whether you’re a designer, hobbyist, teacher, or kid, you can use Tinkercad to make toys, prototypes, home decor, Minecraft models, jewelry – the list is truly endless!

Mrs. Greenday’s 5th grade students started my 3D printing experience off with models of the ocean floor. Mrs. Greenday asked the students to make sure they labeled at least 5 parts on each ocean floor model. We spent 3 weeks creating their designs and then I brought in the printers to really get the party started! Check out some of their designs and finished products.

Mrs. Stultz and Mrs. Reid both decided to have their students decide plant and animal cell models. We also spent 3 weeks designing in Tinkercad and then started the printing process. Below are some of their awesome designs and print outs!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.