Adding Doubles with Pixie and Shadow Puppets!

I’m not giving up! I’m holding out for one more good snow!! Since I’m holding on it’s only appropriate that we center our lessons around snow! I spent some time with my first grade classes at Johnson Elementary School. They were working on adding doubles. We decided Pixie and Shadow Puppet on the iPads would make for an awesome activity.

We started by launching Pixie and creating our doubles addition problem. Then they opened the stickers and illustrated their math problem using winter stickers. We saved our image to the camera roll and then took a selfie to use in our final project. Then we opened Shadow Puppet. We selected our selfie and our addition picture. Shadow Puppet walks you through step by step when creating a video. The students introduced themselves and then talked about their adding doubles. We exported their final videos to the camera roll and then shared them with their teachers using the Google Work Collector! Check out some of our finished projects! Fingers crossed for more SNOW!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.