Currently Obsessed with ABCya!!

Today at Carver we’ve been blowing up the bandwidth using ABCya!! I started my morning with Mrs. Hoy’s 2nd grade students. Prior to my arrival they had been studying 3D shapes. Mrs. Hoy had placed copyright free images in her Server Shortcut folder! Students logged into their computers and we headed over to ABCya Talkify. I’m a huge fan of Chatterpix on the K-1 iPads. Talkify works just like Chatterpix! We uploaded our 3D shape, added a mouth and then recorded ourselves pretending to be that shape. Students had written their “scripts’ the day before, these included the number of edges, faces and vertices that each shape had. Check out some examples of our finished project!

I finished my day in 1st grade! First grade students have been talking about seasonal changes. We created online animations using ABCya Animate. Our animation showcased a tree changing from winter dormancy to a spring time beauty. I did this activity in three 1st grade classes and all the teachers loved this site. They were already brainstorming ways to use this site for other lessons!

When you use ABCya Animate you copy the frames and add more details as you go! When you finish your animation you can play it on a loop so it continues to repeat! Students saved their animations to their desktop and shared them with their teachers. Here are some examples of our animations!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.