Just a little Easter fun!

You can certainly tell that Easter is just around the corner. Bunnies and eggs are popping up everywhere! Hopefully the warmer weather is here to stay! This week I had the chance to hang out in some primary classrooms. On Tuesday I spent some time with Katy Meier’s 1st graders at Johnson Elementary. Katy and I met ahead of time and decided that we would divide the students into two groups. She would work with half of the students on the carpet. They would use Teddy Grahams to create various fraction sets. I would take the other half of the class and complete a QR code fraction activity. Since Easter is the Sunday I thought it was only fitting if our fraction sets were made out of peeps.

I printed out these task cards prior to arriving. I placed them all over Mrs. Meier’s room. Students first located the fractions and answered the questions found on the task card. After all ten questions had been answered the students took a classroom iPad and scanned each task card to see if they had answered correctly! Feel free to use this activity in your classroom this week!

Today I got to hang out with Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Wildauer’s Kindergarten friends. I have to tell you guys, these Kindergartners are really getting good at logging into the computers! As we all know this is no easy task!

After chatting with another ITRT Julie Smith, she shared ABCya’s Easter Egg Maker with me. Both sets of Kindergartners loved this! Students got to select an egg color, design the outside and then add a special treat inside the egg. We took a screen shot of our egg and uploaded it to a Padlet wall so we could see each others creations. Our second step was to write a descriptive sentence about what special treat was inside our Easter Egg but we ran out of time!

I was super impressed with these friends. It’s hard to take a screenshot, save it to our desktop and then upload it to Padlet! All these awesome Kindergartner’s worked super hard to on these tasks!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Just a little Easter fun!