Let me tell you about my friend Mrs. Parsley!!

Last Thursday I had a MARVELOUS day at Carver Elementary! I started my morning in Kindergarten with Mrs. Parsley. Let me just tell you that woman is a ROCKSTAR!!! She emailed me earlier in the week and said that she wanted to do a Pixie activity with her kindergartners. She explained that she already had the template she wanted to use and that she had dropped it into Server Shortcuts. All she needed from me was an extra set of hands. This was music to my ears! Now don’t get me wrong, I love planning and collaborating on lessons but it’s also nice to sometimes just get to be the extra set of hands! Huge props to Mrs. Parsley for taking the lead on this lesson.

Mrs. Parsley’s friends have been working on ordinal numbers! For this lesson we logged into the laptops, yes you heard me correctly, they logged into the computers using their hcps username and password! These Cougar Kids are on it! Then we accessed Mrs. Parsley’s server shortcut folder (which we have placed on each child’s desktop for easy access) and launched their Pixie Template.

Mrs. Parsley then explained to the students that she was going to give them oral directions on which specific snowman needed to be what color. Now not only were there five snowmen but each snowman was made of three snow balls and a hat. This meant that each snowman would be four different colors. Then we were ready to roll!

Mrs. Parsley asked each child to select a yellow, she told them it didn’t matter which shade of yellow they picked it just needed to be a yellow! By the time the project was done each child had used five different colors. Now Mrs. Parsley was brilliant and made sure we had used each color about 4-5 five times before we changed colors, this way we weren’t struggling with the paint pallet.

Our final step was to save their project and send it to me using the Google Work Collector. Mrs. Parsley ran the show until this part, then she let me step in and help them save and send! I can’t tell you how proud I am of Mrs. Parsley and how awesome she did on this lesson! Huge thanks to her for sharing her snowman template with us as well! You are AWESOME Mrs. Parsley!

Parsley's Snowman Pixie from Jessica Robinson on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.