Talking Animals and Awesome Collages

Before Thanksgiving Break I spent some time with Mrs. Meier and Mrs. Clever at Johnson Elementary. We worked on two totally different projects! It made for an awesome day! I started the morning with Mrs. Clever. Her students had been working on mastering past and present concepts. She decided she wanted them to make a collage. I’ve mentioned in several other blog posts how much I am OBSESSED with the PicKids app. If you haven’t had me put this on your iPads you are missing out! Our original plan was to have the students use Britannica Image Quest (going through OneSearch) to find pictures of past and present items and then save them to the camera roll. However, we were a little worried about time so I went ahead and had these pictures ready for them. I uploaded about 10 images to a Comemories site and made the link a QR code. The students scanned the code and launched the site, we then saved the images they wanted to use to the camera roll. Then it was time to get creative. The students pulled the pictures into PicKids. We changed the background design, added past and present labels and even added our names. The students saved their finished products to the camera and then sent them to Mrs. Clever using her Google Work Collector! Check out their great collages.

That afternoon I ventured to Mrs. Meier’s class were we created talking animals using the Chatterpix app. Prior to my arrival the students had been researching and filling in graphic organizers about their animals. When I arrived we took their graphic organizer and literally brought them to life. Mrs. Meier had given me a list of the animals the students had been researching so I created another Comemories site and attached the link to a QR code. Just like Mrs. Clever’s students, Mrs. Meier’s kids scanned the code, saved the image of their animal to the camera roll and then pulled it into Chatterpix. Chatterpix is a super easy app to use so the kids needed minimal helps. They drew a mouth, recorded themselves pretending to be that animals, added their name and then saved it to the camera roll. Lastly, they also used the Google work collector to send me their finished products! It was an awesome day at Johnson Elementary!!! Check out a few of their finished Chatterpix clips!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.