Graphing With ChatterPix

Today I worked with the kindergarten classes at Kaechele Elementary.  We worked with picture graphs and ChatterPix and it was great!  I used some pictures from an amazing ITRT that I work with, Julie Smith!  She has them posted here.  We used the November pictures so we could talk about Fall and Thanksgiving…I mean who doesn’t love Fall and Thanksgiving right?!?

I had the kids work in groups to create and label the graphs using the pictures that I gave them.  It was a little tricky for a few of them, but since they were working in groups it was a great chance for them to collaborate with one another and  get the job done!  Once they created their graphs they got an iPad, opened ChatterPix, and we got going!

ChatterPix is one of my favorite apps because it’s easy enough for preschoolers to use, but older kids love the app just as much!  The kids started by taking a picture of their graphs.  Once they had the picture taken the students drew a line for the mouth.  With ChatterPix you can make ANYTHING come to life by making it talk!  Today we made our graphs talk!  After their mouths were drawn the students recorded themselves describing their graphs.  It was great seeing the students work independently and as teams to complete this assignment.  Now that they know how to use this great app the students can now use it so many different ways.  This app can be used in reading stations, as a word study activity, a way to show off science or social studies knowledge, and so much more!  Check out a couple of examples below!

This entry was posted in ChatterPix, Graphing, ipad, Kaechele, Kindergarten, Math. Bookmark the permalink.