Conversation Heart Graphing

Each week I spend 45 minutes with both 3rd grade classes at Fair Oaks Elementary. Since Baby Robinson is set to come any day and next Monday is a student holiday I am pretty sure that today will be my last lesson with these students until after my maternity leave. With that being said I wanted to try something different with these kids and bring in a little Valentine fun for this Monday afternoon! We have constructed graphs before but never using our Google accounts. Today that was our goal. Since it’s not Valentine’s Day without conversation hearts we started by sorting a box of conversation hearts by color. We then logged into our Google accounts, made a copy of a Google Spreadsheet and added our data to the form. We then took that data and created a graph. Students were allowed to add a title, edit the X and Y axis text and change the colors on their graph. After their graph was be-dazzled they copied their graph and pasted it into a Google Presentation so we could see their classmates data. Our hope is that they can log back into this presentation, make questions to go along with their graphs and use these questions during their station time! Check out a few of our graphs!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.