3rd Grade Collaborative Venn Diagrams in Google Drawing

Mrs. Reed’s third grade class read the story Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters: An African Tale by John Steptoe.  In the story Mufaro has two beautiful daughters who are quite different from one another.  I thought that it would be a great activity to compare and contrast the two daughters using a Venn Diagram.

To make the Venn Diagram I had the students log into their Google accounts and use Google Drawing.  Each student logged into their school Google account, and then I paired off the students.  One student created the new Google Drawing and then shared it with their partner using the sharing feature in Google.  The pairs then worked collaboratively to draw a Venn Diagram comparing the two daughters.  They used the chat feature within Google to communicate back and forth.  The best part of the students using the chat feature was how on point the students were while chatting.  Everything that they were chatting about was right on topic!

Once the students finished their drawing, or came to a point where they could pick up with it later, they took a screenshot with the Snipping Tool.  They saved their picture to the desktop and then sent it to me using my Google Work Collector.  Check out an example below!

This entry was posted in 3rd Grade, Collaboration, Google Drawing, Language Arts, Reading. Bookmark the permalink.