Parent Communication the Easy Way

Getting information to parents is always tricky. We all send newsletters home, but lets be honest it usually ends up crumpled at the bottom of a book-bag. It always seems like administration is changing plans and gives teachers less than 24 hours notice. This makes any information you put on the newsletter out of date. I was talking to Sarah Hardymon, and she showed me a new way for parent communication, Remind.

Remind allows a teacher to send a mass text message to parents. I know what you’re thinking, you don’t want to give out your phone number. When Remind sends a message a different phone number appears. Parents are unable to respond to the text message. The communication goes one way. Oh and the best part, it’s free.

Think about how great it would be to send parents a text that Picture Day is tomorrow or that report cards need to be signed and brought back. Signing up is easy. You can fill out the information to create an account or you can sign up using your Google account. (One less password to remember.) Next you have to choose a class name. I just used my last name, but you can use whatever name you want.

You’ll want to send parents the share link. This will be how parents will be able to sign up for the service.

On this screen you will be able to compose your messages. Just type and send. Parents will receive a text message of what you just composed.

Sign up for free today and get started.

This entry was posted in Resources. Bookmark the permalink.