Mrs. Hofferbert’s First Grade Class

This morning I went into Mrs. Hofferbert’s first grade class.  She wanted them to log onto their new computers, which I think has been scary for a lot of teachers.  They don’t know what to expect because we have never done it before.  However, Mrs. Hofferbert is a total rock star!  She was ready to get her first graders on those computers, and she knew they could do it!  Boy was she right.  Those kids did such a beautiful job!  They followed directions and typed in their own usernames and passwords.  The students also opened up Google Chrome and went to www.raz-kids.com by themselves!  Now that they know how to get onto their computers I have a feeling they might be using them quite a bit more!  I was so impressed with Mrs. Hofferbert and her class!!  They were GREAT!

Don’t forget that you can use me as a resource to help your students get onto the computers.  Even if you are totally comfortable with doing it yourself, it might be nice to just have another pair of hands in the classroom.  All you have to do is sign up for a lesson under my sign up page.  I would recommend 45 minutes to an hour for the lesson.  I like to set up a folder for the students so they have a place to save their work, and then save a quick Pixie slide or something similar.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.