SOL Snapshot in Edmodo!

Edmodo

Those of you who know me know that I am huge on Edmodo.  I love it, and used it every year in my class while I was a classroom teacher.  I’ve presented on it a few times, and always try to get more people on board with the Edmodo fan club!  With Google Classroom getting up and running, it might seem like Edmodo could be on the way out.  However, one good thing about having options and competition is that it typically drives companies to evolve and to make new amazing features.

Edmodo has already come so far in the time I’ve used it.  It has been so nice to watch it grow and become such an amazing tool for any teacher.  The newest feature that I have been playing with has been Snapshot.  This tool was previously only aligned with Common Core standards which is great for most of the US, but for those of us not using Common Core don’t really benefit from the ease of Snapshot on Edmodo.  Sure we could use it and just make sure the Common Core standards are similar to our SOLs and then take it from there, but having the option to use SOLs in Snapshot would be a MUCH better option.

Well…good news.  I got an email the other day saying that they have just launched Edmodo Snapshot quiz questions that are aligned with our SOLs!!  This means all you have to do is select a standard you would like to quiz on and assign it to your students.  The different standards in subject areas have a varying number of questions, and you can combine standards to make quizzes that are tailored to what you are doing!

There are so many benefits of using this in your classroom.  You can gauge how well your students as a whole grasp a concept, you could use it to gather data for Child Study or RtI, you could use it as a pretest for a unit.  I know what you’re thinking, “Yeah, yeah, yeah…who cares I can do this on paper.”  Well hey to be honest you could, but then you have to come up with the questions, you have to put them together, print the quizzes, and then the worst part…grade the quizzes.  With Snapshot Edmodo does ALL of that for you, and I believe it can even track the data for your students!  Now doesn’t that just seem like a much easier options for teachers since we are all so busy and need more time to actually do the teaching in our classrooms?

If you aren’t on Edmodo look into it!  Once you get on check out snapshot.edmodo.com and start using this amazing resource!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.