APPealing Apps

I am LOVING Augmented Reality! There are many apps out there that are FREE and easier to use than Aurasma. Here is a video I put together about CoLar Mix, an augmented reality app I learned about last week at the VSTE Conference:

Colar Mix App from Julie on Vimeo.
Check out this Augmented Reality App that would be great for Pre-K and Kindergarteners to learn their letters…

Flashcard App from Julie on Vimeo.

The Guinness Book of World Records 2013 and 2014 books even have an app that makes some of the pages come to life in 3D. Check out this video…

The kids think these apps are pretty magical (so does their technology teacher!)

Another FREE app that is pretty neat is  Video Star .

You can make your own music video in a matter of minutes!! This is absolutely adorable and I think kids of all ages would get a kick out of seeing themselves star in their own music video. The app comes with many songs but the best part is that it can pull in a song from your iTunes or a Podcast. After you pick your song, you select a frame of your choice (I liked the black and white TV…see below). There are a ton to choose from: falling snow, blinking stars, confetti, hearts, rainbow, your own words, and the list goes on. When you press record, the music plays aloud and the fun begins! Your video can be exported to Youtube, Instagram, email or sent to your camera roll. I literally made the following video in 3 minutes. DON’T JUDGE…I used Have Fun Teaching’s Verb Rap and I didn’t know all of the words…

Verb Rap Music Video from Julie on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.