This past week…

I have had a blast traveling around to my four schools to work with such wonderful teachers and energetic students. Many lessons were taught this week but I wanted to highlight two extremely entertaining lessons:

Mrs. Albis’ 4th graders used the program voki.com to create avatars of themselves. Each student had brainstormed a list of qualities, likes, dislikes, etc. to use to help create their Voki avatar that would tell all about themself. Some students recorded their voice while others typed in their All About Me paragraph. Here are some pictures and a few examples of their avatars:

Mrs. Alexander did an outstanding lesson with introducing her kindergarden crew to the laptops. The students were shown all the important parts of the laptop and practiced how to navigate around the screen using their pointer finger on the trackpad. The best part of the entire lesson was when the students were told to push the POWER button to turn the laptop on. Their faces lit up as the blue screen popped up and shrieks of excitement filled the air. This instant made me slow down and realize what a special tool technology can be for a child, especially the little ones! Mrs. Alexander used her Promethean board to model each step as the students learned how to create pictures in Pixie.
I can’t wait to see what these little ones will be capable of doing a few months from now!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.