Back to School ITRT Lessons

I know there is SO much to do when starting back to school and there never seems like there is enough time in the day to accomplish it all. LET ME HELP YOU! Here are some ideas for lessons we could do in your classroom in September..

K+1st:
iPad Lesson-I could come in and show your students how to properly use the classroom iPads. I have two iPads I can bring in to go along with the ones in your classroom. This lesson would most likely work best in small groups. We will go over YOUR iPad rules, sign an iPad Promise sign with our finger prints and begin to learn the features of an iPad (power button, home button, volume, charge icon, apps, folders, touch response etc.)

Laptop Lesson-I could come in and show your students how to properly use the classroom laptops. We would first talk about how to properly handle and operate the laptops. Next we would talk about the parts of a laptop. Then we would practice using the track pad to navigate around the screen.

Pixie Lesson: All About Me Pixie creations

2nd+3rd:

Comic Life: All About Me Poster

Keynote: All About Me Slideshow

Research: Conducting Research using Safe Search Engines (probably better suited for 3rd. If your 2nd graders have strong reading skills, we could do this too! Or wait until later in the year.)

4th+5th:

Valid Internet Searches: I can teach your students how to conduct safe and valid internet searches. We will talk about copyright laws with images and information.

Avatars: Use Web 2.0 tools to create Avatars that tell about each student (these student creations can be embedded into your blog for parents to view at home!)

Comic Life: All About Me Poster

Keynote: All About Me Slideshow

Send me an email if you are interested in doing one of these lessons or if you have an idea of your own! Email: jggoode@henrico.k12.va.us

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.