Aurasma Update

Things have gone well so far with learning about the Aurasma App.  I have taken the idea to a couple K Teachers, and the wheels are spinning!  Today, I took my learning a step further. This time instead of making a practice Aura, I decided to put one in action.  Mrs. Bortner, K Teacher at Seven Pines Elementary, and I came up with an idea for a poster on her wall.  We picked a rhyming words poster.  Cute poster, but could be much more interactive.

Mrs. Bortner decided to make a quick movie of herself playing a rhyming game with the students.  She recorded herself “talking” to the students and asking them to say a rhyming word to go along with the word she told them.  After uploading the picture of the poster and the her video to the The first couple students were so mesmerized they didn’t even respond to her.  Slowly, the students realized they were playing a game with their teacher virtually and started catch on to repeating and talking back to her.  Here’s one of her students who was the first to catch on:

After today’s adventure, Mrs. Bortner is ready to make all kinds of Auras of objects around her classroom. She plans to even have her students make some of the videos as well. I can’t wait for the building of a secret virtual classroom of video treasures floating around the room to enhance her curriculum and have students excited about learning.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.