1st Grade Fall Keynotes

fallFirst graders in Mrs. McLean’s class at Chamberlayne Elementary have been learning all about the fall. They’ve studied the weather and how people, plants, and animals adapt to the changes. Today they demonstrated their understanding of these concepts by creating short video clips about the fall using Keynote. I gave them a Keynote template that you can download by clicking here. It has a title slide and various other slides for Weather, Plants, Animals, and People. I also gave them a file of fall photos to choose from (which you can download by clicking here). The students browsed the pictures and selected the ones they wanted to drag onto each slide which matched the title. Next I showed them how to add animated transitions and record their voice to narrate the slideshow. I wanted them to sound natural and to demonstrate their understanding of the concepts so we didn’t prepare a script for the audio. Most of the students did a great job using Keynote for the first time! You can see some student samples here and here.

This entry was posted in 1st Grade, Keynote. Bookmark the permalink.