StoryKit iPad App

At the Elementary Technology Conference in August, I got to attend a session on the iPad App StoryKit by Melissa Cloney from Mehfoud Elementary. She uses StoryKit all the time in her class, and I am glad I was able to sit in on her session because she shared numerous ways to use the App. Many times there are teachers who say they don’t like using some of the Apps on the iPad because they feel they are a one and done type apps. StoryKit is a great App because the possibilities are endless with the ways you can use it.

One simple way to use it is to have students take pictures of shapes you are learning about. Each page can be a shape. The students can then add a text box and add audio to the page explaining their picture. I made one with my 4 year old daughter at home this evening. It is very basic, but it shows a good baseline of how this type of assignment could be done. Students’ text boxes and audio attachments can be more extensive based on their abilities. I can’t wait to use this App with more of my Kindergarten and 1st grade classes!

Here’s a StoryKit Shape Book Example

This entry was posted in 1st Grade, Kindergarten. Bookmark the permalink.