Past & Present

The students in Mrs. Waters 1st grade class at Springfield Park recently visited Meadow Farm Museum to learn about what life was like in the past.  They took their iPads with them to capture pictures and video of what life was like long ago.  Next, they took the iPads around school and took pictures of common items that we use today.  Using DropBox, we sent the picture and video files to Mrs. Waters laptop.  Mrs. Waters also shared the DropBox folder with me through dropbox.com so that I could easily get my hands on the material to put together a Keynote Template for her class.  During the modeling lesson, students used PhotoBooth to record their explanations of life in the past versus life in the present, using the Keynote slides as a guide.  After each recording in PhotoBooth, the students pulled the video clip straight into their Keynote and re-sized as necessary.  By double clicking on the clip, they could watch their video.  Mrs. Waters and I were so impressed by how easily the students navigated between the two windows and their explanations of each slide are fantastic!  Most importantly, every child was engaged in this meaningful Social Studies activity.  Check it out:

Click here to view the embedded video.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.