3 thoughts on “Henrico: Arts

1. CFA is a great program with a lot of amazing people. The program is unbelievable and the things you learn will blow you away. Academics wise there are great opportunities for you to take weighted classes as well as normal classes, but I want to tell you that there is a very low work load, and if you manage your time wisely, it feels like you don’t even have homework sometimes. Even if you don’t think you’re good at anything in the program, I would still tell you to give it a look, because there are a lot of people here that haven’t done anything in their designated “art” before entering the program. Also, being a male, I would like to inform all of the other males that there are not a lot of men in the program, meaning that there is a higher percentage of ladies in CFA, than there are of men. Just putting that out there. . . Also, i cannot stress enough that the people here are amazing. There is every kind of person that you can imagine, each with interesting likes and exquisite interests. Another thing I want to add, I don’t know if any of you have seen the Nickelodeon television show Victorious, but I would like to share that CFA is probably the most similar experience you can get from a school, that parallels what happens on that show. In conclusion, I recommend this school and highly suggest you to consider it as your future school. Go Warriors!

2. being a so called ‘smart kid’, I understand any apprehension you might have about going to a school specifically for the arts, but I would recommend it highly. No matter how good a person is in the academic sphere, it is impossible to be motivated in school unless you love what you are doing. This school is home to the friendliest group of students I have ever encountered, even my socially anxious self has managed quite a few friends and the academics are (get your parents for this part, we all know how they can be) EXACTLY the same as any other zoned school, with the exception of the fact that colleges love a diversely skilled student. (that means a leg up)Overall, you get out what you put in, academic wise. If you keep up your habits from Moody, you’ll do more than fine. It’s fantastic here, and (just an insider tip) being a cfa kid gets you noticed fast in Model UN.

3. The Center for the Arts at Henrico is a very friendly group; you’ll definitely make lots of friends! There are four different classes that you can choose from: you can either take Theatre, Musical Theatre, Dance, or Art. As a freshman, you would have your CFA class at the beginning of the school day every day of the week. You will also have CFA versions of some of your academic classes, such as English or Biology. The projects for these classes are really fun, by the way. I get to write my own fairy tale for English this year! In short, this center is a great place to let your creativity flow and make strong bonds. I’d love to see some familiar faces from Moody next year!