Welcome back!

Hi everyone! Welcome back to Trevvett and another wonderful school year! For those of you who do not know me, I am Bethany Bushey, Trevvett’s School Counselor. This my 7th year as an elementary school counselor. I absolutely love my job! I live in Richmond with my husband and beautiful 2-year-old son, Lucas. We also have an adorable pug named Benji.

As the school counselor at Trevvett, I offer individual and group counseling to all students. In an individual setting, I help students identify their feelings, learn coping skills, build self-esteem, and succeed academically. In small group counseling, 4-8 students work with me on a specific topic. Topics can include anger management, handling stress, grief and loss, friendship, family changes, and many more. I receive referrals for both individual and small group counseling from teachers, parents, and the students themselves. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of assistance in any way to your child.

I also visit every classroom in the school twice a month to teach lessons about social and emotional well- being, academic success, and career development. Each grade level focuses on different topics, but the themes of conflict resolution and self-empowerment are present with every age group. Bullying prevention is also taught to the entire school.

In addition to individual counseling, group counseling, and teaching classroom lessons, I provide school wide interventions and consult with staff and parents.

I am here for you and your student! Feel free to email me at blbushey@henrico.k12.va.us or give me a call at 804-261-5060, ext. 4. Be sure to check out and subscribe to this blog at https://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/blbushey/ for the latest on special events, parent resources, and activities. See below for some great back-to-school resources!

With kindness,

Bethany Bushey

School Counseling Program Brochure

Home & School Sept 2019 English

Free and reduced lunch info

Q&As for Effective Parenting

Say No To Bullying