Thank you for all of you that came out to Parent Teacher Conferences. We cannot do it without your involvement!
We have had another awesome week of learning! We have completed learning our alphabet and beginning sounds. Now we are listening for the ENDING sounds in words. This will help us in our writing and spelling!
Greater and less than is the focus in math. We loved playing the card game WAR and comparing our cards!
In Social Studies we are learning about Past & Present and will be discussing the differences in Thanksgiving long ago and our Thanksgiving today.
Next Week’s Agenda:
Language Arts: Questioning
Poem: The Family
Words: mom, dad, we
Phonics: ending sounds/final consonants
Math: Compare and Order Sets
The student, given no more than three sets, each set containing 10 or fewer concrete objects, will
- a) compare and describe one set as having more, fewer, or the same number of objects as the other set(s); and
- b) compare and order the sets from least to greatest and greatest to least.
Vocabulary:more, fewer, same, compare, order, greatest, least, set
Science/Social Studies: Thanksgiving
The student will develop an understanding of how communities express patriotism through events and symbols by
d) recognizing the holidays and people associated with Thanksgiving Day.
- Why is Thanksgiving Day commemorated?
- What are some ways that communities commemorate Thanksgiving Day?
- Where was the first Thanksgiving held in Virginia? Who was there and why did they give thanks?
- Where was the first Thanksgiving held in Massachusetts? Who was there and why did they give thanks?
Dates to remember:
Nov. 12-Paw Field trip
Nov. 19-Picture day
Nov. 20-Awards day and Thanksgiving feast for kindergarten- 12:30
No school-Nov. 21, 22, 23
Thanksgiving Holiday-Nov. 22
On Nov. 20, we will be having a brief awards ceremony at 12:30 in our classroom. Following the awards the students will go to the cafe for a Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast. If you would like to donate for this event please sign up on the sign up genius. We will also need volunteers. Thanks so much!
Have a great fall weekend!