MSiC – Summer Governor’s School

Choose from a variety of course offerings and explore the exciting worlds of math, science, and computer technology. All classes meet for two weeks in July at the MathScience Innovation Center or a community location. The Virginia Department of Education and the Center support this special program for gifted and talented students currently in grades 6, 7, and 8.

This is an application-based program, which are available for identified gifted students in Henrico County.  Applications are evaluated at the school-level and then sent to Central Office for final selection.  I have emailed application information to every identified gifted student here at Moody through SchoolSpace, emailed this information to every parent email account I have, attached this information on the “links” page of this site, and it has been made available on our county’s gifted SchoolSpace group site.

Has your child attended one of the MSiC camp courses in the past?  How did s/he like it?  Would you recommend applying to this camp to another parent/child?

8 thoughts on “MSiC – Summer Governor’s School

1. The Summer Governor’s School was really interesting and its course was really rigorous and was a lot of fun. There was a lot of hands on activities that made it really fun, like building rockets and solar powered rovers.

2. I went to a program about nanotechnology and found it very intersting. The program is heavily science based so I would only recommend it for serious math and science lovers. It was fun though!

3. I have a Q about MSiC – Summer Governor’s school:

Now that U&V (My kids) are in 8th grade, they’re rising Highschoolers, right? Are they still eligible for this? Or is it for rising 6th/7th/8th graders?

Thanks
    Priti