Happy New Year!

We are getting so excited about the new school year here at Chamberlayne! One of my “new year’s resolutions” this school year is to update my blog more frequently. Last year I did not post as much as I intended to, and I know I can do better!

Our staff is also now using the Remind app to communicate with parents. Remind is a free phone app that allows teachers to send messages to students’ parents through the app or by text, either individually or as a whole class (such as “Don’t forget – field trip money is due tomorrow!). I will be exploring how to best use this app as well, and if you’d like to sign up for School Counseling messages from me, here’s the link: https://www.remind.com/join/48eb99 The types of things I may send messages about are upcoming spirit weeks, career day, community events, or deadline reminders for things like middle school IB applications or gifted identification referrals. Your child’s teacher will have a separate link/code to get messages from him/her. That link will be available at Open House!

Speaking of Open House… put it on your calendar! Open House is this Thursday, August 31st! PreK orientation is 9:00-10:00, Kindergarten orientation is 3:00-4:00, and Open House for 1st-5th grades is 4:00-6:00. Save the date for Back to School Night, too, which will be Thursday, September 14th starting at 6:30. We can’t wait to hear about your summer!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.