Greece

This week we have been learning about Ancient Greece.  We’ve learned about their contributions to arts (pottery, mosaics, sculptures), architecture (columns, Parthenon), sports (first Olympic Games), and government (direct democracy).  We know where Greece is (in Europe on the Mediterranean Sea), what it’s like (limited rich soil, terraced hillsides, peninsula) and how the people adapted to their land (traders, farmers, shipbuilders).  If you asked my students, I’m sure they’d say the best part was drinking and eating Greek food.  From grapes we drank……GRAPE JUICE, of course, and I had them taste TZATZIKI (which is a delicious cucumber-yogurt dip) which is a greek favorite!  Check out our toast!

IMG 3269 from Whitney Beck on Vimeo.

PS.  The kids loved the tzatziki dip – I got it at Martin’s near the fancy cheeses!  It’s a healthy(ish) and delicious dip that’s great on wheat thins, fresh veggies, burgers, and french fries!  Try it out and let us know how you liked it!

3 comments