October 9

Happy Friday to You & Happy Completion of Week 5!

Thank you so much for all of your support at home with your children!  It has been quite an adventure and they are doing a wonderful job adjusting!  I wanted to wrap up the week and give you a heads-up about some events for next week as well as a few reminders.  Have a great weekend!

*Blog—Although my blog is up to date, teachers have been told that they do not have to use their blogs while we are virtually learning.  If you are interested in seeing what the kindergarten teachers have planned for the week with your child for topics and a pacing guide, please reference the Schoology button ‘Weekly Plans.’  Here is the direct link below.  You will see a chalkboard with LA, Math, and SS ‘I Can….’ Statements.  https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZW4JlxOx7C9ntqeQsTybONXTETfM7oaWYCb30tcnINk/edit?ts=5f4e6320#slide=id.p

*SeeSaw–  While I am still figuring out this new medium and planning for virtual teaching, I have been assigning SeeSaw assignments.  As I always do in the classroom, I am planning for more than I have the allotted time because I do not want to run out of material before the class timeframe is completed.  Sometimes I will ask students to complete one SeeSaw, sometimes it may be two.  It all depends on time.  Today, for example, I had 2 math pattern activities assigned to the class.  When I got to the end of my time in class with what I wanted to cover, I realized that they only had time for one activity in order to make it out to recess on time.  I told them that the ice cream assignment was optional.  Children seemed to understand and as I hung out in the meeting in case there were questions, no one came back to check.  I was so proud of them.

*Dreambox – The county is recommending that children complete 5 activities on Dreambox per week.  Some parents have reached out to ask what is appropriate and that is the guideline that we were given.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR CHILD IS UNABLE TO GET ON.

*Smarty Ants – This is self-guided.  Children practice reading skills through this app.  Kaechele teachers will be having a training on this Monday afternoon and I may have more information for you then.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR CHILD IS UNABLE TO GET ON.

*Mystery Reader – If you would like to sign up for Mystery Reader, please follow this link.  Mystery Reader is Friday afternoon from 12:20 – 12:30.  We had our first one today.

*Papa John’s Teacher Delivery Night is on Tuesday and children are encouraged to wear the KES Spirit Wear to their classroom meeting for a Spirit Day on this day.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.