Weeks of 3/16 and 3/23

Dear families,
We have had a great week of learning in room 23! The students have enjoyed reading poetry, writing how to paragraphs, and learning more about fractions and mixed numbers.

I know that we are all very concerned about the educational situation with HCPS closing for two weeks. Today students received a packet of distance learning activities to complete during the extended closure. If your child was absent today I strongly encourage you to come to Trevvett on Monday and pick up your child’s packet. I have also added this resource to your child’s Schoology account in their HOMEROOM course. Attached are the directions for your child to access HCPS’s CLEVER platform.
Students who were present today have books to use to complete the literacy activities. Students should be engaged in reading, writing, and math activities every day to help maintain their learning and work ethic. Moby Max is always a good resource to practice fact fluency and reading comprehension! Please continue to monitor emails from HCPS and Trevvett for important updates.
I truly hope to see everyone’s happy, smiling faces on Monday, March 30. We will provide the students with a half day STEAM simple machines activity, even if March 30 is a full day.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me by email or message me on dojo! Remind your student that they can send me messages as well by typing a document in google drive and sharing it to me. I will be working remotely during the next two weeks and will be available during regular instructional time, Monday thru Friday.
Keep reading, keep healthy, be safe!