Home » Uncategorized » Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year

Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year

Hello IB Parents and Students,

Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 School Year at Warrior Nation! My name is Mr. Lyndaker and I am thrilled to be the new Coordinator of the International Baccalaureate Program at Henrico High School. I have been teaching at Henrico High School for the last ten years and proudly taught the IB Psychology class for the previous six years. I look forward to working with you all to make this a very successful school year for our IB Warriors. I’m excited to meet the students this Thursday at community day and in the following weeks as we start the school year!

We have many exciting things planned for this year and our focus will be to build an academic culture of inclusiveness and accountability. I will communicate events, deadlines, and announcements through many different methods such as emails, phone calls, social media, and direct information to students. As we move forward together into the new school year, I invite you to call or schedule a visit with me any time that you have a question regarding your child’s progress.

Please join me this year by supporting our students and teachers in their efforts to create true IB learners. IB learners work to acquire the skills, values, and knowledge to make sense of and succeed in the world around them. This is not always an easy journey, but I truly believe that the IB program here at Henrico High School supports and prepares our students to be incredibly successful global citizens beyond our classrooms!

I truly consider it an honor and privilege to be the IB Coordinator for our Warriors and I look forward to a fantastic school year!

Sincerely,

Greg Lyndaker

IB Coordinator

Henrico High School

gplyndaker@henrico.k12.va.us

Announcements

Thursday 8/25 – Community Day 12 – 6

Join us for Community Day this Thursday, August 25, from 12pm to 6pm. You can access schedules, pay fees, access the parent portal, buy swag, and much more! Drop in anytime between 12 and 6 and stay for our Football home opener against Atlee. Buy your mobile tickets here: Mobile Tickets: https://gofan.co/app/school/VA7801 Let’s go Warriors!

Communication Resources

Emails:

Social Media:

• Twitter: @Mr. Lyndaker
  • Instagram: ib_warriors
  • Blog: https://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/henricoib/

Interested in Travel?

Ms. Klenke, our IBDP Biology teacher offers international summer tours, and she wants feedback from you! Help us choose our destination for Summer 2024 by filling out the link. Keep an eye out for future communication about our Summer 2024 tour destination and interest meeting. Further questions can be directed to Ms. Klenke (bkklenke@henrico.k12.va.us).

Interested in Cross Country?

We are looking for Cross Country runners for Warrior Nation. No experience is necessary. Practices will be Monday thru Friday from 5:30-7:30. You can also contact Coach Brown for more information at jlbrown@henrico.k12.va.us .

Car Pooling

We do not provide or create carpooling schedules. If you are interested in carpooling, please reach out to me directly via email. I will collect information from anyone interested and help connect families.

ATTENTION JUNIORS PSAT REGISTRATION AVAILABLE

If you are interested in taking the PSAT on October 12th, please register as soon as possible. To apply for a fee waiver please speak with your counselor about the fee, but register as soon as possible as there is a limited supply of fee waivers per year. Click Here to get the PSAT Application.