Home » Uncategorized » Tariq’s Garden

Tariq’s Garden

Tariq is now a junior DP course student, but he has this to say about his MYP Personal Project and the impact doing it had on his life: “I actually did my personal project that I made freshman year.  Which was creating a community garden to support communities in poverty that have access to organic produce. We have donated over 30 pounds of food thus far. Here are some pictures of the garden and some of the volunteers that helped my vision come to life. This garden was also created in a low income community. I want to thank Ms.Biddle because I did this in covid and I felt like I would not have had the power to do this without the work my freshman year in seminar and english with personal project assignments. It felt so good to make an impact and to help feed people especially in trying times that we are in now. I love what I do know and making an impact is a part of me. It was initially just a plan I made on paper for a grade and I turned it into a reality and I wanted to share the finished project with you. PS: on this journey I learned a lot about food security.”