Weekly Update 2-14-20

Happy Friday! What a fun and exciting week we have had this week. The students enjoyed celebrating the 100th day of school on Thursday. Thanks for sending in your child’s 100 collection. I enjoyed seeing the children in their costumes for our  celebration as well. The students had fun visiting the fourth grade’s African American Wax Museum on Thursday as well.

We also had a fun day on Friday with our Fun Friday snowmen that we made and our  Valentine’s Day party. Thanks so much for all of the parents, grandparents, and volunteers who showed up to help us out. Also, a big thank you for all of the cards, candy, and gifts that I received today for Valentine’s Day. I really felt loved by you all! Thanks again for your kindness!

This week we enjoyed listening to fictional stories about Valentine’s Day. We worked really hard on explaining: How can we make a connection with this story? How can I connect it with myself?  Does it remind me of something that has happened to me? We reviewed digraphs sh and ch. We practiced finding sight words: when, come. Math this week, we counted by 10’s to 100. Social Studies, we enjoyed learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

Please enjoy these pictures from our week:

Next week we will be learning the following:

Reading:

Sight words: down, went, out

Digraph: th

Comprehension Focus:

What do we know about this person?  What do we wonder about this person? What did we learn?

Math:

We are going to continue to count by 10’s to 100.

Social Studies:

We are going to discuss which people, from a variety of diverse cultures and heritages, have helped to establish and lead the local community over time.

Please read to your child or have your child read to you every night!

Thank you for all of your help at home.  If you have any questions, please email me!

Upcoming Events:

February 3rd-February 21st: Our Trevvett Family is participating in the “Pennies for Patients” project. Students can bring in change to drop in our classroom collection box. These funds will go to help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  Thanks for helping to serve our community!

Monday, February 17th: Half Day Dismissal at 11am  STEAM DAY

I hope everyone has a fabulous Valentine’s Day weekend!

Mrs. Smith:)