Last Week of School!!! Week of June 10 – 14

Happy last week of school, everyone!  I can’t believe that we have reached the end of this school year.  This has been a fantastic year!  I am incredibly proud of the growth that all of my students have demonstrated and am especially proud of the “R.O.C.K.” qualities they have shown this year.  It really has been a pleasure working with all of your children. They are a very kind, considerate, and creative group of children.  Thank you for all of your continued support throughout the year!

I hope that you all have a fun, relaxing, safe, and overall wonderful summer break!  Please encourage your child to continue reading and writing throughout the summer.  There is a great summer reading program through the Henrico County Public Library that you can sign up for.  Additional practice with all of your child’s basic math facts would also be beneficial, so they can maintain their math fact proficiency.  Finally, be sure to keep exploring all of the history that Virginia has to offer, especially right here in the Richmond area!

In preparation for our last week, here are some reminders:

• No school for students on Tuesday due to the primary elections.
  • Please bring a towel/blanket for our “Picnic & Play Day” on Wednesday.
  • Popsicle permission slips are due back by Wednesday!
  • The last day of this school year is Friday 6/14.  It is a half day. Please let us know if there will be any changes to your child’s transportation that day.

I will miss everyone very much next year, and I know you will do a great job in 5th grade!  Be sure to stop by and say hello next year!  🙂

Sincerely,

Mrs. Jacobsen