Furman University is seeking the next class of Furman Scholars. Students selected as Furman Scholars are eligible for at least $20,000 per year, $80,000 over four years in scholarships upon acceptance to Furman University. Additionally, Furman Scholars are eligible for a fee waiver on their Common Application.
Students must be current juniors who meet the following requirements:
- A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts or sciences
- A high school weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
- At least a 1300 on SAT, a 1360 on SAT-R, a 1360 on PSAT, or a 29 on the ACT
- Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
- Demonstrated leadership potential
If interested in being considered, please speak with your school counselor. Application requires nomination by April 1 2018.