January 3-4

Welcome back! I hope everyone had a relaxing winter break and enjoyed the bonus time with family! I spent my break in New York, Savannah, and Atlanta, but I sure am happy to be back and settled into our normal routine at school!!Next week, fourth grade will have a SS quiz on Wednesday. This study guide came home last week. Extra copies are available on the board in class (students know where) and can be found HERE if you want to print one at home. These can be signed and returned on Wednesday for bonus.

In both fourth and fifth we will be preparing to take a benchmark assessment at the end of January. These are given by the county and help prepare us for SOLs at the end of the year by testing all standards we have covered. This will allow us to see any gaps students might have and determine areas for review. Fourth and fifth will both take a reading assessment. Fourth will also take a Virginia studies assessment. I will send home a VA studies study guide to review everything we’ve covered so far this year as well as review in class!

I am looking forward to our normal, full week next week! We will definitely be getting a lot done!