Congratulations to the newest members of the Class of 2022 in the Center for Communications and Media Relations at Varina High School. You are an impressive group of young people. The review panel carefully reviewed each student’s application. We would like to commend each of you on the quality of your application. We look forward to having you with us in the fall.
A Few Reminders for Accepted Students
- You may only accept one center.
- March 23 is the deadline for applicants to declare intent or accept wait-list offers online. Students may accept one center and one wait-list spot. Students may remain on one wait list until March 30.
- All students being offered a spot from the wait list must inform specialty center directors of their intent to accept an offer of admission by March 30.
- On Tuesday, April 17, we have scheduled a meeting for all rising ninth graders and their parents. At this time, we will finalize your schedule for next year, discuss your summer reading assignments, complete enrollment and transportation forms, and answer any questions you may have. We will meet in the Presentation Room in the Center for Communications and Media Relations at 6:30 pm.
- If you are not currently enrolled in Henrico County Public Schools, you are required to enroll. You will need to schedule an appointment with Wanda Hancock, Varina High School’s registrar. She may be reached at 226-8700.
- Accepted students are invited to shadow on Monday, March 19. Email Mrs. Craft to confirm your attendance.
- On Friday, March 9, students were provided online access to check application status/acceptance.
- On Monday, March 19, students are invited to shadow a Center for Communications and Media Relations student for the day. Email Mrs. Craft to confirm your attendance.
- On Friday, March 23, you must declare your intent or accept wait-list offers online. Students may accept one center and one wait-list spot. Students may remain on one wait list until March 30.
- On Friday, March 30, all students being offered a spot from the wait list must inform specialty center directors of their intent to accept an offer of admission.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Craft with questions or concerns. We hope to see you on March 19.
Center for Communications and Media Relations Director
General Shadowing Guidelines
- To sign up for shadowing at the Center for Communications and Media Relations, email Mrs. Heidi Craft, the center director, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from school.
- Please report to Building 9 with a parent for registration between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM. Plan to be picked up by 3:30 PM at Building 9.
- You are responsible for notifying the attendance office at your middle school that you will be shadowing on your assigned day.