The Slippy Grippies

Name of Invention: The Slippy Grippies
Group Members Noah Batterson, Peter Zhang, Jacob Herndon, and Vincent Guarneri

Website Image:

Link To Website: https://sites.google.com/henrico.k12.va.us/waterproof-shook/home

Brief Description of the Invention: The Slippy Grippy is a versatile and innovative product used to beat back all the pesky puddles and spills. They are easily slipped on which allows for a quick run to the mail after a rainy day or when you’re walking your dog. It doesn’t hurt when you step on a rock or when you walk on gravel. These functions make this product a must-have for any average consumer.

13 thoughts on “The Slippy Grippies

1. I think this is pretty helpful, because most times when it’s wet outside, I just get lazy and go in my socks or barefoot. It seems like it might be a little uncomfortable. It also seems like it may fall off easily.

2. I think this product is okay. The approach to solving the problem was good and creative, but couldn’t you just wear flip flops or rainboots if it’s raining? Overall, I don’t think I would buy these.

3. This is a good idea. I feel like I could easily just slip on a pair of flip flops. Also, would these fit multiple foot sizes? It is cool, but doesn’t really solve a problem considering you could easily put on flip flops.

4. This has a good concept, but honestly, I wouldn’t buy it because it isn’t very comfortable, and it smells bad. Also, I’ve seen water shoes, which kind of have the same concept.

5. The product is creative, but the heel of the shoe (maybe sock, still confused about that) goes really low as in low to the ground maybe allowing water in, and when water does get it it will just sit in there because the sock doesn’t let water in or out.

6. This seems impractical if you want too go on a run because you can just put on regular shoes. Same with getting male. If this sock has laces and everything why not just wear shoes.

7. It doesn’t seem to be something that I would wear. Also, I have seen waterproof socks before. Also, I have waterproof shoes that keep all water out.

8. I think this is a really good idea, but I think that they might not be very comfortable. But, I think this is a really good idea and is a real problem!