Happy Friday Tiger Families!
I hope you’ve all enjoyed the warmer weather this week! I was very proud of all of the student’s hard work today on the reading Summative today! Keep up the good work!
- Please send in thefield trip form for Pinocchio by March 22nd, if you would like to chaperone there is limited seats at the theater please sign the bottom of the form and I will let you know if you have been selected.
- Field day is April 26th we sent home a pink flyer to order field day shirts, our 2nd grade color is yellow! Please use this site to order, and note there is no www in the url: The site to order from is https://pswear.com/TrevvettFieldDayorders are due by March 29th.
- Spring Book Fair is coming March 18- 22nd!
- Spaghetti Dinneris March 21st!
- MOBY MAX FACT FLUENCYCHALLENGE ENDS MARCH 29TH! Keep working on the math facts!
Reading: This week we will continue to practice our skill of drawing conclusions and making inferences based on what we know and what we read in fiction text. Students can also get on Read Theory or mobymax to continue to practice reading!
Writing: Our spelling words for this week will focus on the suffixes -ful and -less. careful, helpful, thankful, spotless, fearless, speechless, these, best, going, take We will begin working on a new opinion writing where students will choose what they think is the BEST part of spring.
Science: We are going to begin learning about magnets. Students will learn about different poles, what is means to attract and repel, and other important characteristics about magnets. Students will also have a day to explore magnets. Please look for a study guide attached to Monday’s homework.
Math: We will continue to learn about fractions. This week we will work with identifying fractions, writing the fraction appropriately, and saying the fractions correctly. We will begin to talk a little bit about comparing fractions. Students will need to know important terms like: numerator, denominator, set, whole, half, thirds, fourths, sixths, eighths.
Enjoy the weekend and good luck to your teams in the conference tournaments… Let the madness begin!!!! Mr. Weldon