In 1909, high school students in Varina attended Varina School, the second oldest consolidated school in Virginia, which is now home to Varina Elementary. Seven years later, in 1916, the high school became accredited under the leadership of principal George F. Baker. In 1920, the high school became the Varina Agricultural High School in a new facility located on the same campus as Varina School. The current Varina High School, located in the Varina District, opened on the Messer Road campus in 1963. It housed grades seven through twelve until John Rolfe Middle School opened in 1979. Presently, Varina High School serves grades nine through twelve from within the largest geographic district in Henrico County.
To learn more, visit http://www.henrico.k12.va.us/henrico400th/history.html
To view the school’s profile, click: http://www.henrico.k12.va.us/Pdf/SchoolProfiles/Varina.pdf