Home » About Mr. Hart

About Mr. Hart

I have worked and taught in elementary education for 13 years–all in Henrico County Public Schools. This school year will be my second in an administrative role as a Resource Teacher at Sandston Elementary.  Last year, I was in the same role at Fair Oaks Elementary. Previously, I was an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for two years at Carver, Echo Lake, Johnson, Seven Pines, and Three Chopt Elementary.  Before that, I taught for seven years at Springfield Park as a 3rd grade teacher. My last year in the classroom, I was honored by being nominated and selected as one of the Henrico Citizen’s Top 20 Teachers in Henrico County. Before getting my own classroom, I was an SOL remediation teacher and substitute for three years at Twin Hickory, Crestview, Lakeside, and many other elementary schools. Every new year is just as exciting as the first!

I was born in Cleveland, Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 5.59.07 PMOH, but I grew up in Richmond, VA. Growing up, I attended Henrico County Schools: Pinchbeck Elementary, Byrd Middle, and Douglas Freeman High. I completed my undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Richmond, and this past May, I completed my Masters in Educational Leadership and Policy from the University of Richmond’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies. I currently live in the Short Pump, VA area with my wife, Melissa, and daughters, London and Ruby.

To try and stay active, I play in basketball and softball leagues. I also can’t pass up 18 holes of golf! I am a huge University of Richmond Sports fanatic. To go along with my passion for Spider Sports, I am also the on field and on court Emcee for the Spider Football and Basketball teams! GO SPIDERS!

Emcee

1 Comment

1. Dear Mr Hart,
    I really enjoyed your blog and the kind of activities you have posted for students. I am a technology teacher and your blog inspires me to do more creative work with my students. Thanks and keep blogging!
    Ekta Singh
    India