Home » About Mr. Hart

About Mr. Hart

I have worked in elementary education for 13 years–all in Henrico County Public Schools. This school year will be my third in an administrative role as a Resource Teacher at Sandston Elementary.  Before Sandston, I was in the same role at Fair Oaks Elementary. Previously, I was an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher for two years at Carver, Echo Lake, Johnson, Seven Pines, and Three Chopt Elementary.  Before the ITRT world, I taught for seven years at Springfield Park as a 3rd grade teacher. My last year in the classroom, I was honored by being nominated and selected as one of the Henrico Citizen’s Top 20 Teachers in Henrico County. Before getting my own classroom, I was an SOL remediation teacher and substitute for three years at Twin Hickory, Crestview, Lakeside, and many other elementary schools. Every new year is just as exciting as the first!

I was born in Cleveland, Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 5.59.07 PMOH, but I grew up in Richmond, VA. Growing up, I attended Henrico County Schools: Pinchbeck Elementary, Byrd (Quioccasin) Middle, and Douglas Freeman High. I completed my undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Richmond, as well as my Masters in Educational Leadership and Policy from the University of Richmond’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies. I currently live in the Henrico County, VA with my wife, Melissa, and two daughters, London and Ruby.

To try and stay active, I play in basketball and softball leagues. I also can’t pass up 18 holes of golf! I am a huge University of Richmond Sports fanatic. To go along with my passion for Spider Sports, I am also the on field and on court Emcee for the Spider Football and Basketball teams! GO SPIDERS!

Emcee

1 Comment

1. Dear Mr Hart,
    I really enjoyed your blog and the kind of activities you have posted for students. I am a technology teacher and your blog inspires me to do more creative work with my students. Thanks and keep blogging!
    Ekta Singh
    India