Technology-Enhanced Review Activities
This training session will provide an opportunity for teachers to explore multiple strategies and tools for helping students review for upcoming assessments. Each item on this post links to a set of instructions for the item mentioned.
- QuizShow – Students use ExamView banks to play this game on their computers. Note – must download QuizShow from the software center first.
- Quia Games – requires activation key from ITRT.
- Jeopardy Labs – create free Jeopardy style games.
- Bubba Brain – Ready made review games by subject
- Pro Profs – Create your own review games
- Zondle – Create a free account and make your own games
- Link to many other online review games
- Podcasts – Students can listen to and/or record review podcasts that they can listen to with their MP3 players by using Audacity
- Movies – same idea as the podcast, but with visuals in MovieMaker
Web 2.0 Tools
A list of other review activities that can be completed with online (Web 2.0) tools.
- Quizlet – Create flashcards that students can use with the Quizlet app on their smartphone
- TestSoup – Flashcards for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Andriod
- Zen.Do – Paste in your notes and easily create flashcards
Teacher Lead Review
- Are you smarter than a 5th grader? – ActivInspire template, modifiable for any content. Directions
- ActivEngage – Use this student response system with your own review questions