Welcome to the Henrico County Public School’s Teacher Advisory Council communication site!
The Teacher Advisory Council (TAC) plays an important role in maintaining two-way communication between teachers in our schools and the school division leadership team. It is an opportunity to:
- elevate teacher voice
- have the central team bring ideas, issues, projects, and topics to the TAC for input and/or feedback
- have TAC members bring discussion topics back to their buildings to solicit feedback/input/ideas between meetings
- hear from TAC members related to topics presented (and learn of the feedback they gather from their respective schools)
- have TAC function as a think tank/idea generating group
- allow TAC members to present questions, ideas and topics to DLT and the Superintendent that have surfaced in their buildings
Agendas outlining topics that will be discussed at each TAC meeting will be sent to the principal and the TAC member prior to each meeting.
Submitting Questions through the Teacher Advisory Council:
There will be three meetings of the Teacher Advisory Council during the 2018-2019 school. All Henrico faculty and staff are invited to submit questions to their school TAC representative. To submit a question please follow these steps:
- Visit this site and search the previously asked questions and their answers to determine if your question has already been addressed.
- To search, use one of three methods; the key word search box, the category area search on the right side of this page, or you may review all questions asked during a TAC meeting by selecting the meeting date at the bottom right.
- If your question has not been addressed in past TAC meetings, please submit your question in a Word document to your TAC representative.
- As you compose your question, please be certain that it is professional in style and tone.
- Your school TAC representative will review the question and submit it to the TAC site administrator for consideration for the next meeting.
Reviewing Question Responses for the TAC Meeting:
The Division Leadership Team will respond to all questions submitted. When all responses are complete, they will be posted on this site under the meeting date. Simply click on the date to review all questions submitted for the specific meeting.
Please direct questions about the TAC question/response practice to Rene Stewart, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent.