HELLO EVERYONE!!! I am going to post on here a little more often just to keep everyone updated! I have sent you a Zoom meeting code so hopefully the class can see each other and we can chat as a class. I also plan to use that time to answer any questions the kids might have. I would LOVE to have this work so we can do this often as I really do miss your children like crazy. It was SOOOOOO good FaceTiming with them and being able to see so many faces. Seeing their faces literally made my day!!! I just wanted to post a couple of resources that have been provided by the County here. I have these links available on Schoology, but I also wanted to make sure you could find them here if you need to. Again, I am here for ANYTHING you may need please do NOT hesitate to contact me. Talk to you soon and be safe and stay well!!!
There are many resources provided in the Reading Resources link, specifically Kidlit TV and Kate Messner’s curated page, Read Wonder and Learn! These resources provide videos of authors reading their own books with permission from their publishers. The Reading Resources document is linked via QR code in the packet that was sent home to every elementary student. It is also linked in the HCPS Digital Resources and Databases document, shared on our Virtual Learning In Henrico site, and is on our HCPS Libraries website.
Focusing on fun literacy challenges, personal messages, or other opportunities to have personable experiences.
Virtual Learning In Henrico has many useful links that you can use to find many things:)
Good news! Epic is offering FREE at-home access to all families during school closures! Look for an email invite from me:)
- BrainPop – Coronavirus<https://www.brainpop.com/health/diseasesinjuriesandconditions/coronavirus/>
- Colds, The Flu, and You Video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uzNnKm41W8>
- Washing Hands Video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwNbFzSwgsQ>
- Coping skills – mindfulness<https://copingskillsforkids.com/calming-anxiety>
- Coping skills – deep breathing<https://copingskillsforkids.com/deep-breathing-exercises-for-kids>
- Ms. Bushey’s strategies to use at home<http://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/blbushey/techniques-to-try-at-home/>