What are we learning this week?
Language Arts – The student will read and demonstrate comprehension of nonfiction texts.
Phonetic strategies – suffix – ful and less
Math – The student will name and write fractions represented by a set, region, or length model for halves, fourths, eighths, thirds, and sixths.
Social Studies – The student will describe how the contributions of selected individuals changed the lives of the Americans, with emphasis on Benjamin Franklin, George Washington Carver, Thurgood Marshall, Jackie Robinson, Helen Keller, and Rosa Parks.
Science – The student will investigate and understand that matter can exist in different phases.
Tuesday, March 10 – Social Studies – Famous Americans Quiz
Wednesday, March 11 – Picture Day – send in group picture money only.
Thursday, March 12 – Symphony field trip-Please wear your class t-shirt
Friday, March 13 – Career Day
Please help the SCA with our local service project! Our students will be collecting Pop Tops for another month, but our activity pack collection is time-sensitive. It’s so easy to get involved with this wonderful charity. Please have all donations returned by, 3/17/20. Thank you so much for your support of our community.
- Pop Top Collection to help support our local resource, The Ronald McDonald House of Richmond
- Support the Ronald McDonald House of Richmond by helping us collect the supplies necessary to make activity packs for children in the hospital.
- Activity Packs Activity packs are handed out through the Happy Wheels program to families in the pediatric areas of the hospital. These items provide a small comfort and distraction for families during long days at the hospital.
- Volunteers purchase 3-4 items appropriate for children to play with in the hospital
- Items may include full size coloring books, crayons, puzzle books, playing cards, PlayDoh, travel size games, etc.
- Activity packs may be geared towards infants, toddlers, school-aged children, and teens (please do not label)
- Please DO NOT include food items
***** Don’t forget to join the PTA and consider making a direct donation!!!*****