Two weeks down! Please see the below important information.
- I have added a HOMEWORK tab to my website to post our weekly pages. Please go here or click on the tab above to print for your child.
- Please keep an eye out for subject notebooks that will come home throughout the week. Look through any new notes as part of your homework routine and be sure the notebooks get packed up for school the next day. In second grade, we announce test dates in advance but don’t usually announce quiz dates. Notebooks coming home are an indication that there might be a quiz coming up soon!
- PALS testing will begin Monday; these are given in class and help me determine your child’s reading level. I am very excited to start our reading groups and dig into some great books!
- Order sheets are in your child’s green folder for this year’s class t-shirts! The second grade has designed these shirts to wear on special occasions such as field trips. We will have our own class color to show our class spirit! The cost is $9; please return your order form and exact change or check as soon as possible!
- Flyers went home today for our Scholastic Book Club! Please take a few minutes to review with your child and select any you’d like to purchase. You can also click here for the link. (Our class activation code is P6KRV and the due date is 9/28)
- Word Study is coming! A letter will be going home on Monday with additional information.
- Next weeks’ focus:
- Language Arts- Making Connections (Text-Self), Complete/Incomplete Sentences
- Math- Math Facts, Missing Addends
- Social Studies- Community (QUIZ Tuesday) and Geography
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 is a HALF DAY (11:35 dismissal) and Back to School Night- Please join us in the evening for a peek into what we are doing in class!
- If you haven’t already, PLEASE consider joining our school PTA and/or making a direct donation! They are responsible for supporting so much that goes on here at CTES, and is only successful with your help! Please click here to go to the PTA page where you can join and review the fun calendar of events they have planned.
Other Important Dates:
- 9/23- Class t-shirt $ due
- 9/27- Spirit Events at Duck Donuts (6a-7p) AND Spirit Art (6:30-9p)
Whew, that’s it for now! Please see a couple of fun photos from our Friday!
See some exciting photos from our very first week together! If you have not already, please don’t forget to join our PTA (here) to support what we do each and every day at CTES!
Hello students and parents-
I’m so very excited to be sharing this year with you! Please see below for a few reminders for the first day. I’m looking forward to seeing you bright and early on Tuesday!
- ZippSlip- All of your child’s paperwork for this school year can be found here. There is also a link on the CTES website.
- Agendas- If you did not purchase one during Back to School, you can send in $5 cash or a check made out to the CTES PTA. They will be made available at some point during the day for your child to purchase. Agendas are part of our daily routine in second grade, so I encourage you to purchase one if you have not done so already!
- Please join the PTA and donate! The CTES PTA is a vital part of our school and supports many aspects of your child’s education. These are just a few of the activities for which they are responsible:: Promethean Boards (!!), student agendas, IXL and Raz Kids subscriptions, student communication folders, yearbooks, Spirit Nights, Monster Mash Fall Dance, After School Enrichment, and even supplies for your child’s classroom! The link to the PTA website is here for more information, and paperwork will be coming home NEXT WEEK for you to join. If you prefer, you can access forms here and here to print at home and return to school with your child. Thank you in advance for your support!
- PTA Calendar– bookmark this for important upcoming school events!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me- email is best for a quick reply- email@example.com.
Have a great weekend, get lots of rest, and I’ll see you Tuesday!