We are so excited that you’re back and we’re back and… well, we’re ALL back to school! Yay!! It’s going to be fun year in the library as we have many things planned for you to grow your love of reading each and everyday!
- Reading Reflections Program!
- 4th & 5th Grade Football Reading Challenge!
- Birthday Book Club!
- Winter & Spring Book Fairs!
- Spring Poet-tree!
- And many other ideas that we are working on for you!
We can’t wait to see you! Mrs. Tinsley and Mrs. McKay
If you can’t make it to our evening book fair you can shop our online fair and we will deliver the books directly to your child! Click here to shop our Online Book Fair!
We have made some changes to our book fair that we think you will like. Students will preview the fair prior to the opening of the fair and complete a wish list of 2-3 books they might like to purchase. They can then bring their counted book money in an envelope or ziploc bag with their name on it Wednesday(4/05), Thursday (4/06) & Friday (4/07). The teacher will collect all book orders and we will process them and hand deliver the books to the students during the day. The books purchased at school are tax free and help us purchase more books for our school! You can also shop the book fair in the evening or online! Our evening Book Fair is Thursday, April 6th from (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- Decide which books you would like to purchase.
- Send in cash or a check payable to Skipwith PTA.
(We can make change if you don’t have the exact amount.)
- Please enclose your order list with the cash/check in a sealed envelope or ziploc bag. Important: Make sure your child’s first and last name and teacher’s name is on the bag/envelope.
- Students, please give your book fair order to your teacher in the morning.
- We will celebrate all week with Dr. Seuss books!
- We will have a school-wide scavenger hunt with a different Seuss book each day!
- We will give away a Seusstastical amount of free books with our Seuss mystery coupon prizes!
- Thursday & Friday Seuss Fun Dress up Days! (Students can wear Seuss shirts, red and white stripes, dress us as their favorite Seuss character or wear wacky colorful clothing!
Earlier this year 3rd grade students conducted a research project in the library. First, they reflected on a previous animal research project. Then, they learned a little about the environment and more specifically, the James River. Students read information facts about some negative human influences on the James River. We then gave them the task of discovering through their research some possible solutions to help save the James River. Students were then able to take the research facts and information to create a dynamic google slideshow demonstrating how we can help save endangered animals and plants in or around the James River. Christian, a 3rd grade student in Ms. Marion’s class did an excellent job with this project and was honored on May 24th at the Henrico 21 technology celebration of amazing students and teachers. Christian showcased his slideshow and described the research process to many students and adults at the technology fair. I (Mrs. Tinsley, Librarian) would like to thank all of the 3rd grade teachers for their participation and collaboration on this collaborative research project!
Click on the link and scroll to Online Fair. You may shop online through April 15th. We will deliver anything you order to your student here at Skipwith!