Google Cutltural Institute allows you to discover exhibits and collections from museums and archives all around the world. You will also get to explore cultural treasures in extraordinary detail, from hidden gems to masterpieces.
EdHelper has this page packed full of resources and teaching materials on social studies for different grades and age groups.
Dr. Marty Levine, Professor Emeritus of Secondary Education, California State University, Northridge (CSUN), has gathered lesson plans and resources from the Internet which social studies teachers will find useful.
This is another page full of resources curated specifically by PBS Media for teachers and students of social studies.
This Pinterest board provides teaching resources that cover a wide variety of social studies topics including geography, history, economics, and politics. (Grades 3 – 6)
Classroom Aid offers a wide variety of free resources for teaching and learning Social Studies.
World History for Us All is a powerful, innovative model curriculum for teaching world history in middle and high schools. World History for Us All:
- offers a treasury of teaching units, lesson plans, and resources.
- presents the human past as a single story rather than unconnected stories of many civilizations.
- helps teachers meet state and national standards.
- enables teachers to survey world history without excluding major peoples, regions, or time periods.
- helps students understand the past by connecting specific subject matter to larger historical patterns.
- draws on up-to-date historical research.
- may be readily adapted to a variety of world history programs.
Explore our library of humanities lesson plans by subject, theme, and grade level. Find Art & Culture lessons on anthropology, art history, folklore, mythology, religion, and more World Language lessons on languages and the cultures of which they are a part; History & Social Studies lessons on American (including our popular AP U.S. History index) and World History, civics, government and society; and Literature & Language Arts lessons, including AP Literature offerings, on great writing and great literary works throughout the ages.
This is is a section in Kids Gov where you will have access to a pltheroa of resources and lesson plans and several other materials on teaching social studies.
10- History Engine
The History Engine is an educational tool that gives students the opportunity to learn history by doing the work—researching, writing, and publishing—of a historian.