Meet Mr. Ryan Stein

Mr. Ryan Stein, our associate principal, feels lucky to be apart of the Trevvett family and firmly believes that nothing great can be accomplished without enthusiasm. Stein conducts college and teaching workshops throughout Virginia sharing his creative and innovative ideas on how to differentiate, engage, educate, and inspire students.  He has been awarded Virginia’s Super Teacher Award (2011) and featured on the Rachael Ray Show as a top five national educator (2011). Stein, Randolph Macon graduate in 2004, received his master’s degree in Administration and Supervision from Liberty University and is currently writing a book called the Parent Conference. He has also had great success on the basketball court as a coach the past 10 years. As an assistant coach at Benedictine High School, his team won the State Championship in back-to-back seasons in 2008 and 2009. Furthermore, Stein was hired to become the first head varsity coach for the men’s basketball program at Glen Allen High School and in his first four seasons has put the basketball program on the map as one of the elite programs in the area with Back to Back Conference Championships, Regional Finalist and a State Final Four appearance. Stein was recognized the past two season as the Conference Coach of the Year and coached the 2015 804 All-Star game.Most importantly, he married the love of his life in 2011, Kimberly, and they have two children under the age of two, Bryce Alexander and Bexley Anne.

Mr. Ryan Stein named Virginia Lottery’s Super Teacher Award. First recipient from Henrico County Public Schools.

Mr. Ryan Stein is recognized as a top 20 teacher in Henrico County

About Mr. Ryan Stein

Birthday: December 9
Favorite Subjects: Language Arts & Social Studies
Favorite Food: Seafood, Italian, Mexican, Sushi, Traveling Nachos… ANYTHING!
Favorite Pet: Dogs & fish
Favorite Books: The Last Lecture, The Purple Cow, Toughness, The Secrete, Students on Strike, The Hunger Games, George Washington Socks, and Ghost Cadet.
Favorite Vacation Spot: Maine and California
Favorite Place to Shop: Target, Dicks, and Lowes
Favorite Restaurants: My wife’s home cooked meals, Cheesecake Factory, Kona Grill, and Maggiano’s.
Hobbies: Basketball, fishing, soccer, tennis, watching movies, reading, and making songs.
Personal Motto: We Make A Living By What We Get; We Make a Life By What We Give

Mr. Stein’s Me Project from Ryan Stein on Vimeo.

Using Technology in 2005! from Ryan S on Vimeo

Click here to visit Coach Stein’s Basketball Team

40 Responses to Meet Mr. Ryan Stein

1. Charlie Taylor says:

Feels so long ago but I remember it so well. Now Im just down the road from you at Moody. I also inherited a weather buisness from someome who graduated, so I am now on the school anouncements on Tuesdays and Fridays and run a website, heres the link http://mmsweather2015.wix.com/mmsweather . I miss PES so much. Bye!

2. Jimmy Van says:

Hi Mr. Stein its Jimmy I am in middle school now at Byrd Can sub at here please? If you can that would be awesome!

3. Ella Williams says:

MR. STEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jazz says:

I really miss 4th grade. I want to go back to those days we had with all our friends! It makes me cry that we have to grow up and become adults. :(

5. Kenny says:

Hey Mr. Stein I am not the biggest fan of Middle School you should drop by one time for like a computer activities that would be the best thing in middle because most of the things we do are worksheets. Worksheet after another and another.

6. Jimmy Van says:

Hi Mr.Stein It’s Jimmy Van I miss you and I wish i can see you in person again and if I can I would give you so much presents! If one day you can come to Byrd Middle school it would be the best day ever! :)

7. Jasmine Mitchell says:

Bring the afro and ok

8. That Girl u know (Jasmine Mitchell) says:

Hi Mr. Stein can u one day come to my middle school it’s Brookland Middle School. One day can u be a substitute!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also my 1st period is Social Studies and Reading is 5th. I’m kinda having fun in middle school would be more fun with u as my teacher!!! I’m on my school computer!!! i added ur blog to my favorites so i can chat with u!!!! :)

9. Jasmine says:

Mr. Stein I remember u coming to my elementary school last year!! Can u try to come to my middle school please!! I miss everyone who went to Pinchbeck it was fun there!! now we’re all in middle school….it’s boring here!!! IT WOLUD B MORE FUN WITH U!!!!! if u come can u bring the afro lol I love that afro it makes me laugh. P.S Middle school sucks and my 1st period is Social Studies!!!!!!

10. Jasmine says:

:) I love talking a lot!!! lol and can u please try to come to my middle school it’s Brookland Middle School :)

11. Julia Pardon says:

Hi, Mr. Stein! Im sitting here in World History at Byrd with Maddy Myers, Alec Khan, Anna Beamer, Kayley Kunda, and Zach Carol. We all miss you! I would love to go back to your 4th grade class!

12. Charlie Taylor says:

I’ve been looking around and watching all the videos. I cant believe I’m 6th grade at Moody know. I just cant find the commercials for our videos. Does anyone know were it is? I wish I was still in 4th grade with Mr. Stein so much its not even funny.

13. Brenan (THE MADMAN) Ratay Pinchbeck and Byrd are my terrerory. Did I spell that right? says:

Hello Mr. Stein I am now in middle school!

14. This person is anonymous (Andrew Seccia) says:

Remember me it is the new Andrew Seccia I have gotten older and I still remember your songs. How is the new school? Byrd is awesome a lot different from pinchbeck. I am in 7th grade and I am in class right now but we aren’t doing anything. Seen u soon then!!!!!!!!!

15. Jasmine says:

I don’t want to go to middle school I want to stay in 4th grade forever :! :)

16. The NEW Andrew Seccia says:

Hello there mr. Stein

17. Jasmine says:

The Dedicated song makes me cry :'(

18. Jasmine says:

You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

19. Kenny Campbell says:

The blog looks great!!
    I’ll always love u’r songs!!
    I KNOW U CAME TO THE TURKEY-TROT BUT WHEN R U GOING TO COME BACK TO PINCHBECK. Will u ever be a substitute at PInchbeck!?!??!?!?!?!?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

20. Charlie says:

Bring the afro!

21. Charlie Taylor says:

Fiddling around this blog brigs back so many memories…

22. Charlie Taylor says:

Dude, you seriously got to to come back over to Pinchbeck for the day. I got the new teacher, Mrs. Ranson. She moved here from L.A. in late August. The former Steins in my class are Henry, Dominic, Leo, Ella, Grace, Ashely, Emma, Ian, and Christopher. The former Hardymons are Alice, Laura, Nathan, and Sarahy. We switch with Ms. Carey’s Class. I’m still having a little trouble staying in my seat. We are still the most dominate kickball team. Oh yeah, I made Book Bowl. The other kids on it are Laura Hess, Ella Williams, Alice Geiger, Riley Jefferson, Ian Douglass, Sarah Cobb, Jonathan Hundley, and Grace Killius. I an very, very sorry to say that while Grace’s Family was at the beach this summer, their house caught on fire. When we first drove past it, I was horrified. Luckily, there neighbor was trying to sell his house and he gave it to them for the time being. Anyway, Henry is still eight inches taller than me. Dominic’s breath could still kill. Leo’s socks are still pink. For me, well let’s just say I’m still Charlie Taylor.

23. Andrew Seccia says:

I miss you Mr. Stein

24. Anna Beamer says:

We all miss you in middle school Mr. Stein!

25. Ridvan says:

Thank you for keeping us after school to practice for our play. I’m so excited!

26. Kenny says:

sky diving looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Nathan McCoy says:

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Maddy Myers says:

I miss you Mr.Stein

29. mackenzie eggers says:

i like the way you never hold back on your dreams

• Parker says:

I really like playing KICK BALL with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best teacher ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ROCK MR. STEIN

30. Mario says:

you are the best teacher iv’e ever met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. liliana says:

You are the best and i like ur songs and videos

32. Andrew Seccia says:

I will always love your songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. ava says:

so do i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. jasmine says:

i love all your songs.