Meet Mr. Ryan Stein

Mr. Ryan Stein has been recognized as a top educator in Virginia and has received numerous teaching awards for integrating 21st century technology and music into his daily lesson plans. Stein conducts college and teaching workshops throughout Virginia sharing his creative and innovative ideas on how to differentiate, engage, educate, and inspire students.  Stein is the cofound of History MVP, which is an innovative and exciting teaching and learning tool that supports State learning standards in multiple grade levels by reaching across the curriculum from social studies to reading and from language arts to technology. History MVP has been implemented in over 350 schools in Virginia in just 2 years, producing outstanding comprehension, retention and application results during SOL Reading and Social Studies tests. Furthermore, since Ryan Stein created and implemented History MVP into his own classroom, he has been awarded Virginia’s Super Teacher Award (2011) and featured on the Rachael Ray Show as a top five national educator (2011). Stein, Randolph Macon graduate in 2004, recently received his masters degree in Administration and Supervision from Liberty University and is currently writing a book called the Parent Conference. Stein has also had great success on the basketball court as a coach the past 8 years. His team not only won the State Championship in back-to-back seasons in 2008 and 2009 at Benedictine High School, but in five years his program won over 110 games. Stein recently accepted a new coaching position at Glen Allen High School, which he hopes to continue his great success and continue his dream of impacting as many lives as possible. Most importantly, he married the love of his life in 2011, Kimberly, and they are expecting their first child, Bryce Alexander, in January.

Mr. Ryan Stein recognized as a top 5 national educator on the Rachael Ray Show

Mr. Ryan Stein named Virginia Lottery’s Super Teacher Award. First recipient from Henrico County Public Schools.

Mr. Ryan Stein is recognized as a top 20 teacher in Henrico County

Ryan Stein appears on Rachael Ray

About Mr. Ryan Stein

Birthday: December 9
Favorite Subjects: Language Arts & Social Studies
Favorite Food: Seafood, Italian, Mexican, Sushi, Traveling Nachos… ANYTHING!
Favorite Pet: Dogs & fish
Favorite Books: The Last Lecture, The Purple Cow, Toughness, The Secrete, Students on Strike, The Hunger Games, George Washington Socks, and Ghost Cadet.
Favorite Vacation Spot: Maine and California
Favorite Place to Shop: Target, Dicks, and Lowes
Favorite Restaurants: My wife’s home cooked meals, Cheesecake Factory, Kona Grill, and Maggiano’s.
Hobbies: Basketball, fishing, soccer, tennis, watching movies, reading, and making songs.
Personal Motto: We Make A Living By What We Get; We Make a Life By What We Give

Mr. Stein’s Me Project from Ryan Stein on Vimeo.

Using Technology in 2005! from Ryan S on Vimeo

Click here to visit Coach Stein’s Basketball Team

27 Responses to Meet Mr. Ryan Stein

1. Charlie Taylor says:

I’ve been looking around and watching all the videos. I cant believe I’m 6th grade at Moody know. I just cant find the commercials for our videos. Does anyone know were it is? I wish I was still in 4th grade with Mr. Stein so much its not even funny.

2. Brenan (THE MADMAN) Ratay Pinchbeck and Byrd are my terrerory. Did I spell that right? says:

Hello Mr. Stein I am now in middle school!

3. This person is anonymous (Andrew Seccia) says:

Remember me it is the new Andrew Seccia I have gotten older and I still remember your songs. How is the new school? Byrd is awesome a lot different from pinchbeck. I am in 7th grade and I am in class right now but we aren’t doing anything. Seen u soon then!!!!!!!!!

4. Jasmine says:

I don’t want to go to middle school I want to stay in 4th grade forever :! :)

5. The NEW Andrew Seccia says:

Hello there mr. Stein

6. Jasmine says:

The Dedicated song makes me cry :'(

7. Jasmine says:

You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

8. Kenny Campbell says:

The blog looks great!!
    I’ll always love u’r songs!!
    I KNOW U CAME TO THE TURKEY-TROT BUT WHEN R U GOING TO COME BACK TO PINCHBECK. Will u ever be a substitute at PInchbeck!?!??!?!?!?!?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9. Charlie says:

Bring the afro!

10. Charlie Taylor says:

Fiddling around this blog brigs back so many memories…

11. Charlie Taylor says:

Dude, you seriously got to to come back over to Pinchbeck for the day. I got the new teacher, Mrs. Ranson. She moved here from L.A. in late August. The former Steins in my class are Henry, Dominic, Leo, Ella, Grace, Ashely, Emma, Ian, and Christopher. The former Hardymons are Alice, Laura, Nathan, and Sarahy. We switch with Ms. Carey’s Class. I’m still having a little trouble staying in my seat. We are still the most dominate kickball team. Oh yeah, I made Book Bowl. The other kids on it are Laura Hess, Ella Williams, Alice Geiger, Riley Jefferson, Ian Douglass, Sarah Cobb, Jonathan Hundley, and Grace Killius. I an very, very sorry to say that while Grace’s Family was at the beach this summer, their house caught on fire. When we first drove past it, I was horrified. Luckily, there neighbor was trying to sell his house and he gave it to them for the time being. Anyway, Henry is still eight inches taller than me. Dominic’s breath could still kill. Leo’s socks are still pink. For me, well let’s just say I’m still Charlie Taylor.

12. Andrew Seccia says:

I miss you Mr. Stein

13. Anna Beamer says:

We all miss you in middle school Mr. Stein!

14. Ridvan says:

Thank you for keeping us after school to practice for our play. I’m so excited!

15. Kenny says:

sky diving looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nathan McCoy says:

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Maddy Myers says:

I miss you Mr.Stein

18. mackenzie eggers says:

i like the way you never hold back on your dreams

• Parker says:

I really like playing KICK BALL with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best teacher ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ROCK MR. STEIN

19. Mario says:

you are the best teacher iv’e ever met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. liliana says:

You are the best and i like ur songs and videos

21. Andrew Seccia says:

I will always love your songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. ava says:

so do i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. jasmine says:

i love all your songs.