The HCPS Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) would like to invite all parents to the following upcoming events:
- April 10: Decoding Dyslexia VA – Henrico: Parent Meeting at Libbie Mill Library, 6:30 pm.
- April 12: Big Feet Meet at Highland Springs High School. Rain date not available yet. Details to be determined.
- April 16: Community Night Out at Hermitage High School from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- April 28: Virginia Branch of the International Dyslexia Association – Dyslexia Conference http://va.dyslexiaida.org/vbida-annual-conference/
- May 1: Little Feet Meet at Tucker High School. Rain date May 3rd. Details to be determined.
- May 2: Meet at the Middle at Collegiate. Rain date May 4th. Details to be determined.
- May 17: Christy Awards at Hermitage High School from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please join us for our first division-wide family conference! There will be free workshops/breakout sessions for parents. We will also have vendors/exhibits, food trucks, kids zone, and transportation is provided upon request. Save the date! Official registration information will be available on March 26.
Well, it might be raining outside, but the sun is certainly shining at the FERC! Our Family Engagement mobile unit, Big BLUE (“Bridge, Link, Unify & Engage”), is becoming more of a reality. This really has been a fun and rewarding project! There are so many to thank. First, thank you to our Director of Exceptional Education, Donice Davenport, for identifying the funding to make this happen. Big thanks to the Virginia Department of Education for the grant funding that provided materials in support of our mission. Thank you to April in Communications for her artistic expertise and to Norvell Signs for the outside transformation. HUGE thanks to Brad and Shawn at CTE for coordinating much of the work and especially to all the folks at Varina High School who contributed their amazing skills of craftsmanship. Thank you to Dr. Blackwell, our Director of Family Engagement, for the passion to carry out this mission. This will surely be a welcoming space for all who enter. We are not done yet, but we are getting there! Here are a few pictures to share the transformation so far.