Welcome to Tuckahoe Middle School
Home of the Patriots
We are proud to be an IB MYP World Authorized School in partnership with Fairfield Middle School and J.R. Tucker High School!
Tuckahoe Middle School originally opened in the fall of 1959 as Tuckahoe Junior High on twenty-three acres in Henrico county. It was one of the first campus-style schools in the state of Virginia. At that time, its ten buildings had 56 classrooms designed for 1,200 students. Bland Building’s ten classrooms were added soon after. All buildings were named after famous Virginia patriots (hence the name of the school mascot); Bland, Clark, Davis, Henry, Jefferson, Lee, Madison, Nelson, Randolph, Stuart, Taylor, Washington and Wythe. With the renovation starting in 2018 the buildings will be numbered instead of named. In 1971 it became a middle school for sixth through eighth grades. It was named a Vanguard School and a Blue Ribbon School.
Tuckahoe Middle School is a campus-style school. Even though it can be chilly in the winter, our campus is beautiful throughout the spring, summer, and fall and is a great break from being inside!
The word “Tuckahoe” appears in several locations in this region of Virginia, and refers to a sturdy plant that provided nourishment for the early American Indians.